We would appreciate your RSVP HERE by 14th June
The club was honoured on Sunday 27 March 2022 to see Jerry Trevor-Jones presented with a Royal Federation of Aero Clubs Australia Federation Award and Master Instructor Award!
In 1962 the RFACA instigated the FEDERATION AWARDS as a means of giving official and national recognition to Club Members and/or Employees who by virtue of their individual commitment over many years make an outstanding contribution to their Club. From the Nominations received the Executive of the Federation select up to three, or in special circumstances four recipients in any one year
The following guidelines are to be considered when nominating candidates:
- The contribution made by the individual must be of a nature over and beyond what could normally be expected of an Aero Club member or employee.
- The services rendered must have benefited the Aero Club movements as a whole. Significant contributions to one particular Club may be deem to have done this.
- Contributions made or services rendered by an employee must be deemed to have benefited the Aero Club movement generally as well as the employer and also be considered to have clearly exceeded what could reasonably have been expected of an employee in the performance of his/her paid duties.
- Length of service alone is not sufficient recommendation.
Recipients receive a framed certificate, a small set of gold wings and a medal.
Master Instructor Certificate
- Minimum of 7500 hours in Flight Instruction including Flight Testing in VH registered aircraft.
- Holder of Grade 1 Instructor Rating for a minimum of 10 years.
- Must have been involved with the furthering of the profession of Flight Instructor.
It was great to see so many of the local community out at the Bathurst Aero Club open day today! There were aircraft to view, presentations from flight instructors and a BBQ lunch.
We had a full program of participants undertaking the flight exercise with instructors David and Matt from Wardair. Pilots flew to Chifley Dam and then back via Mount Panorama simulating a typical joy flight you might do with family or friends.
Thanks to all who attended our BBQ last Sunday. Special thanks to those members who organised & volunteered on the day.